10 @ 10k Challenge
On this coming Bank Holiday Monday 25th May, we were due to have several runners undertaking the 10k London Vitality run in London.
This has now been postponed indefinitely and so, inspired by the many fundraising initiatives we have seen recently for the NHS and other charities, we have devised our own 10@10K challenge - why not join in?
We are looking for 10 people who would be interested in running, cycling or walking 10k this weekend to raise funds to support our work.
We are hoping that each participant will be able to encourage 10 people to donate £10 to support children’s mental health.
Getting up and running:
- Decide if you are going to walk, run or cycle 10k this weekend
- Set up your own fundraising page on Just Giving or Virgin Money Giving searching for 'bccs' in the charity section
- Or ask your sponsors to donate to us by using our #TakeAMinute appeal page. Here is the link to send them: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/charity-web/charity/displayCharityCampaignPage.action?campaignId=10432&charityId=1015181 (If your donors are using our #TakeAMinute page, please ask them all to mention your name & '10@10k' when they pledge their donation to you.)
- Let us know you are taking part by emailing us here so we can celebrate your success and get behind your fundraising
- If you are on social media, please tag us in your 10@10k posts so we can see how you are doing. You'll find us on Twitter: bccs_charity Facebook: bccscharity Instagram: bccs_charity
- Whatever you choose to do this weekend, please do it with the current social distancing recommendations in mind.
Keep safe and good luck!
Please support our 10@10k Challengers here:
Sarah - a member of our professional team - sees at first hand how important our work is supporting children's mental health. She is undertaking 3 x 10k bike rides this weekend to raise funds for us.
Support her here: Sarah's JustGiving 10@10k page
Simon - one of our supporters - enjoys running and heard about our Bank Holiday Challenge. He's doing 3 x 10k runs this weekend in support of our work.
Support him here: Simon's JustGiving 10@10kpage
Alison - one of our colleagues working with the Self-Referral team, is doing a 10k walk with her family this weekend and is asking for donations to be made to our #Take A Minute Emergency Appeal. If you are donating to Alison's challenge, please put 'Golder Family 10@10k' as your reference.
Louise is a regular at our Charity Ball and Ladies' Lunches and her husband has cycled the Prudential Ride London as well as putting on a classic car show to raise funds for us. This weekend, Louise will run 10k while Andy and the children will cycle 10k. They are asking for donations to our #Take A Minute Emergency Appeal. If you are donating to their challenge, please put 'Lees Family 10@10k' as your reference.
Thank you for supporting our challengers!
If you would like to join them, please email Libby - we would love to have you on the 10@10k team!