Hats On for bccs!
Like many charities, we are looking at new and creative ways to raise much-needed funds at this time.
As lock-down eases towards Friday 19th June – the day when we would have hosted our popular Ascot Ladies’ Lunch – we are inviting our ladies to do something for us in the comfort of their own home or garden with family or friends (in line with all social distancing regulations of course).
If you haven't been able to join us at one of our lunches in the past, maybe this is your chance to get into the spirit of A Day at the Races and help us to increase awareness about children's mental health.
How does a 'remote event' work?
The beauty of our first 'remote event' is you can make it work for you and your family's situation - you could have an afternoon tea, a glass of wine with friends in the garden, a picnic with your children in the park, a sit-down lunch in your family 'bubble' just as we would have done at our lunch, a take-away meal - anything goes!
You can even take part at any time over the weekend if you are at work on the Friday and for this year only, this is not a 'ladies only' event, so invite your men along and suggest they dust off their panamas or fedoras - they are most welcome to join in too!
Here are some ideas for the day:
- Join together with family or friends in your home, garden or favourite picnic spot
- Put on your hat or fascinator
- Pour yourself a glass of something nice
- Get your pink piggy involved if you have one
- Raise your glass to absent friends and take a photo of yourself or your group
- Please send us your Hats On photo by email to email@example.com or follow/like us on social media and tag us in your photo (Twitter/Instagram: bccs_charity & Facebook bccscharity)
- Share our email with friends and family and ask them to do the same
- Make a small donation (maybe the cost of your raffle tickets or Ascot sweepstake) to our ‘Hats on for bccs!’ page https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/Hatsonforbccs or send your donation to us at: bccs, Childcare House, Little Wheatley Chase, Rayleigh SS6 9EH
We hope that we will be able to see each other again at our Christmas Ladies’ Lunch on Friday 4th December – please save the date!
Thank you all for your support.