In response to many schools now employing Wellbeing Mentors who will support the initial intervention around a child’s emotional wellbeing, we have devised a 6-hour training programme for mentors to be delivered in two 3-hour sessions in the school setting.
Each session is very interactive and allows attendees to explore issues particular to their school.
Areas covered in the programme include:
- active listening
- barriers to engaging with an adult
- how to engage children non verbally
- the ‘therapeutic’ space
- basic psychological theory
- how to work with children with particular presentations
- how to keep yourself safe
There will also be the chance to explore attendees’ work with a
child during a mini-supervision session.
For more information about our Wellbeing Mentor Programme, please email Louise Picton.