Take A Minute Emergency Appeal
We appreciate that this will be a very difficult time for many and especially for those children and young people who may already be facing challenging family situations, anxiety or abuse.
The effects of being thrown together for prolonged periods in physical isolation without the welcome distraction of school routines, regular meals and the companionship of peers during the long lockdowns has meant that many children have struggled, and their emotional health and wellbeing has suffered as a consequence.
As children return to more regular routines in schools which will look and feel very different, we anticipate an increased demand for our services.
This period has seen an unprecedented disruption to our charity’s fundraising calendar, with the result that donations from our community have been more vital than ever to ensure the continuation of our work.
When our Take A Minute Appeal was launched last year it was with the hope that we could raise an additional £35,000 to boost our funds. We would like to say a huge ‘thank you’ to everyone who has already donated to our appeal – your donations have already made a difference.
Several months later, with the arrival of this new worldwide challenge, our appeal has taken on a completely new sense of urgency as we face into our new reality: a potential loss in our event-led fundraising alone of around £50,000 and an inevitable increase in the number of children, young people and families who will require our specialist services.
So, once again, we are turning to our friends and supporters to ask if you could help us by getting behind our Take A Minute Appeal in any way you can:
- Making a donation– no matter how small - will enable us to continue providing our vital service to families throughout this crisis and beyond. Please click here to donate to our Take A Minute Appeal.
- Using your on-line banking, you can transfer your donation directly to our bank account. Please reference your donation 'Take A Minute Appeal':
Account Name: Brentwood Catholic Childrens Society
Account Number: 31094130
Sort Code: 40 13 22
- Take on a challenge to raise funds for our work - there are lots to choose from to suit all levels of ability. Please email Julie to discuss.
- Continue to fundraise for us even if your challenge has been postponed – your funds will be even more vital to our work now.
- Follow and share our social media posts. Ask your family, friends and contacts to follow our pages; we want people to know about our services and a simple ‘share’ or ‘like’ will make a huge difference to our reach. Twitter: bccs_charity Facebook: bccscharity Instagram: bccs_charity
- Visit our webpages regularly to keep updated on the work we are doing or why not email us to ask to be added to our Newsletter Mailing List?
- Keep our community in your hearts and minds at this difficult time.
We know that our loss of income along with an immediate need to increase our support services will make things extremely difficult for us in the future, but for now our priority is the children and families who need us; we are committed to ensuring that this is where the focus of all our efforts will be.
Together, we really can make a difference to the lives of children and young people who are struggling with their emotional health - thank you.